Pests can be a lot of trouble to deal with, but termites, in particular, can be an absolute nightmare. As with any other problem, if you can catch onto it in the early phases, you can nip it quickly in the bed, however, if left to fester, a termite infestation can cause some serious damage, and infrastructure damage is the most common result that comes out of a termite infestation. We will be going over the common signs and indicators of a termite problem so that you can catch onto it quickly enough and can call your Grand Rapids pest control service on time.
- If you notice blisters across wooden floors, windows, and other such wooden areas in the house, it can be a sign that there are termites under the wood that are eating it.
- Visible droppings are one way to detect any sort of pest infestation and the same principle applies for termites as well, so if you notice droppings along with corners of your house or where you suspect the termites are feeding, then you have a termite problem.
- You are usually able to hear the termites feeding and this becomes more audible in silence or the nighttime so if you hear what sounds like consistent light scraping noises against wooden floors and surfaces in your house, then you have a termite problem.
- If your doors and windows are becoming hard-to-open or showing resistance then this is a sign as well. This is an indicator that you notice only when other signs are visible as well.
- If you knock on the wood and you hear a hollow noise, then that means that the termites have been feeding on it and that you need to call pest control soon so that they can start controlling the problem.